Seems the person we all judge the hardest is ourselves, We hold ourselves to a higher standard and expect to achieve it. We tend to forgive and overlook other people’s faults and mistakes much easier than our own. We can have compassion for every one around us but we seem to find it hard to have compassion upon ourselves. We need to learn we are also human just like everyone else and we can’t be perfect or without flaw. We must accept ourselves for who and what we are and forgive ourselves for our shortcomings. We always have room for improvement but we must realize we are beautiful and good as we are. We should build upon what we are and not try to destroy that which makes us unique.
We definitely need to wake up to the reality that we are who we are and that it isn’t that bad being an imperfect human. It is quite relieving to know we are like everyone else in the fact we are imperfect and make mistakes. We just need to learn from those mistakes and improve what we don’t like in ourselves as well as embrace the light that dwells within. God made all of us the way we needed to be in order to learn the lessons of life he set before us. We can not live in the past or the future because we live in the present and we shouldn’t dwell on what was or what might be. All we can do is learn from our past and work in the present to make a better future.
We need to love ourselves and one another in the same way God and Jesus loves us.We need to accept the grace given and give as much grace as we can to ourselves and others. God gave us the spirit of love, and of a sound mind not of anger or fear and Jesus taught forgiveness and compassion. For the spirit of love, forgiveness and compassion is not only meant for others but also for ourselves as well. For it is hard to love, forgive or have compassion on others if you can’t even have it for yourself. The sound mind comes with loving oneself and having the compassion to forgive yourself. With a sound mind you will find that there is very little others can say or think about you that will matter much. You will only be concerned with the truth and not of opinions and/or hear say.
Listen to the heart God blessed you with and not the mind that the world helped program.
- Because of you!! (godowned.wordpress.com)
- The God Who Forgives (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Week 2: Compassion (alternateeconomy.wordpress.com)
- Mistakes and Forgiveness (scotterb.wordpress.com)
- Why Forgive? (theheadnotthetail.wordpress.com)
- Fear – What to do with it. (winonasteunenberg.com)
- What is Compassion (newlifeparties.com)
- Real Marriage I: Taking Out The Trash (demorrieaux.wordpress.com)
- To Understand Everything is to Forgive Everything (zenrevolution.wordpress.com)
- An open letter to my child. To find peace you must forgive. (ptl2010.com)