So many times I allow my emotions to get the best of me and let them control my actions and thoughts. Emotions are very powerful but they do not have to have any affect on how we think and on our actions. The conscious mind is capable of putting emotion aside and letting logic and/or reason take over. Learning to turn off or putting aside ones own feelings for the common good isn’t an easy task but it is one that is possible and beneficial to both yourself and others. From my experience, when I allow emotions to be in charge I usually regret how I acted and become disappointed in myself for being someone I don’t enjoy being. When emotions are in control you are but reacting and have little choice. When you learn to control your emotions you become a person of action and reason. You have full control of how you interact and you become as a captain of a ship. Though storms may throw you off course you can always correct your course and sail to your chose destination.
You can either be the product of the actions of others and your emotions or you can choose to be the product of your own choices and actions.
- Negative Emotions: an Opportunity for Self Enquiry (blessmyyogapants.wordpress.com)
- Goosebumps, the lie detector for emotions (telegraph.co.uk)
- Can You Tell How Smart a Person Is Just By Being Around Them? (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- The Foundation of Life (madhyamacharatantra.wordpress.com)
- Does PTSD after divorce exist? You better believe it! (outofthechrysalis.com)
- Responding vs. Reacting in Life (mafasworld.wordpress.com)
- Moral Indignation as a Justifiable Vessel for Change (andrewbrobyn.wordpress.com)
- What Powers the Human Psyche? (thomascotterill.wordpress.com)