With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought I should write about thankfulness. To be thankful for all that you have is to realize that you are blessed even if your life is a mess. Look at me for example, I am 800 miles away from family and friends in several directions and lead a pretty dull life. Yet I am thankful for the family that I still have and for having the friends I do even though they are so far away. Age is catching up to me and my health isn’t as good as I would like I am still generally healthy and thankfully I have awoke to see another day.
Too many of us focus on what is bad or causes us ill in our life way too much and rarely look at the blessings that are in our life. No matter how big or small a blessing may seem they all are equally important and should be equally cherished. Life is way to short not to focus on the blessings we have and defiantly too short to ponder on our curses.
So on this Thanksgiving take a good look at all the things that are blessings in your life and give thanks for them.
Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving
I often wondered why some people find the misfortunes of others either funny or entertaining. What could drive a person to find enjoyment in such things is beyond my own understanding. I myself could not find any enjoyment or entertainment in the suffering even in my worst enemy. It is cruel minded to find joy or pleasure in the sufferings of others, regardless if they be friend or foe. I guess it boils down to what one defines as just and or justice, If one believes that justice is to see the suffering of the villain or criminal rather than the putting right of which is wrong then maybe that makes it seem ok to find pleasure in the suffering of another.
I believe that the sufferings of others is not to be pleasured in, it is to be abhorred and found a sad or terrible sight. To find pleasure in such things is either madness or a cruel and evil way of thinking. I only hope one day mankind can grow out of such childish thinking and become more compassionate, caring and peaceful.
Peace and Happiness to all
Honesty, Definitely a virtue which we need more of. Honesty is the best policy, even if there are things you think best untold. To live in truth and not in illusion is the way in which one is to truly live.
To be dishonest is to mark your own soul and to destroy a part of both the dishonest and the one being deceived. We are responsible for every action, thought and word we have in our lifetime. Everything we do, think and or say effects not only ourselves but those around us. Sometimes our actions, thoughts and words effects can travel great distances to effect even those we do not know.
Be careful of what you do,think and say for it will effect you and others in one way or another.
Well enough Babbling for now
Peace to all
To walk the path of compassion and servitude to your fellow man/woman is to walk the path of being a true human. Humans are the caretakers of this world and all living creatures including other humans. We are the only species capable of creating change on a large scale. With our ability to adapt and to create tools and technologies we have surpassed all of the other species on this planet. With great knowledge and power comes even greater responsibility. This is our home and we should take care of it and all that is within it.
We humans have the gift of freewill and thus we can choose to or not to be guardians, keepers and healers of this world. Though the choice is yours I hope you can see that it is the future of not our generations I worry about it is the future of the teenagers, children and babies that I have concern for. We can leave them a legacy of a generation that strived for a better world in many ways or one of selfishness and consumerism.
What kind of Legacy Do you want to leave for the children?
Think hard about it, and make your own choice.
Enough of my Babbling for now.
I have recently purchased a Dell Axim x5 Pocket PC to use as a E-Book Reader, And I will tell you it was a pretty good choice. I can read e-books of all formats except for Amazon’s Kindle Version. But MobiPocket.com Amazon’s Sister company I can, So I can pretty much read any type of E-Books out there. The Pocket PC also can surf the web and play both mp3s and Videos (Not on the web due to lack of flash and will update if I fix this issue) which most E-Book Reader Devices can not do. Size is also a plus for me, It fits in your hand and still has a large enough screen to make reading enjoyable. Though I think the Kindle and Sony‘s E-book readers may give you a better experience in the amount of text you can read per page. Price is what sold me, now days you can get pocket pcs used for around $40 – $70 on both amazon.com and eBay.com .
Well enough about that..
Peace to all
Just Passing on a Email from a friend I thought everyone would enjoy.
Original Author M. Barr
Okay I decided to pass along a few secrets I have discovered that help me get through each day.
- Wake up.
- Find something to smile about. To this end. I do what Paul (New Testament) says. If there is anything noble anything good anything of good report, dwell upon these things. I find it simple to just remember things I have enjoyed doing in my life and think upon them.
- Whatever is in your mind is what you will focus on. Whatever you think about will reflect in your attitude. If you find yourself hung up on a thought that upsets you or brings you down. Try listening to music that is up beat and singing along with the song. This one is important. Its takes effort but the reward is simply a better attitude. With your every thought you create the world as you believe it to be.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. What you will find is that there are those below you and those above you. Do not look down on anyone and try not to envy those that have more material things than you. All you really need is in you at this very moment. So many people are looking for happiness when it is as simple as believing you’re happy and you ARE.
- Find something you enjoy and do it!
- Forgive the world and move on. Stop looking for negative things to justify your negative mood. Get over it. Forgive the event and make peace with yourself about whatever it is and pick up the pieces and carry on. Stop carrying around that piece of shit baggage and put it down. Put it down right now and every time you pick it up gently remind yourself to let it go.
- I find myself meditating 70% of the day. Meditating is simply thinking upon a thing. Sometimes I think about nothing at all. Just content to be in the moment. After all is said and done the moment is all there really is, the past and the future are untouchable but can be accessed through thought.
- Relax take a deep breathe and laugh.
I have often pondered on if there is a God and he loves us then why does evil exist and suffering? The answer to each of those questions vary with whom you ask them. My thoughts are as follows, God allows evil to exist in order to allow us to enjoy the gift of freewill that he gave us. Thus the majority of the evil in this world if not all of it is solely our responsibility. Human beings are the source of evil here on earth as well as the source of goodness. If Evil exists here on earth it is due to our free choice to allow it to be a part of our lives. Unfortunately being such a large population it would be next to impossible to stamp out all evil in our society. The only way would to try and enlighten everyone and promote love, peace and understanding on a global scale. This is something I fear could never happen due to the people in power would reject and obstruct such a global movement. War one of the greater evils of mankind is the most profitable and is the thing most governments support as long as its not on their soil.
Far as suffering, it is no more than a side effect of the evil man creates. Greed and the lust for power fuels the leaders of our world either consciously or subconsciously. There may be many politicians and political leaders that are not evil by nature but fall to the wayside as a necessity to gain position or favor. So why does god allow all of this? Well its all the freewill thing, He gave us the reigns and only intercedes if asked or if necessary. Man must learn on his own that Sin, wickedness and evil are the enemy of life. Being a human myself, I face many faults within myself and fall to sin. The nature to be selfish and to be self satisfying seems to be a embedded part of human nature. To resist and to control it is a choice that one must make.
Well that’s my thoughts on the issue, right or wrong its here for all to see.
Peace and happiness to all