So, we’ve got a stellar team of interns here in the San Francisco office, working with the Greenpeace Activist Network. It’s no exaggeration to say these folks are the lifeblood of our network – without them, there’s no way we could mobilize nearly 1000 activists nationwide to do great things with Greenpeace, like host 200 vigils for Japan all across the country, for example.
Here’s what they had to say about why they love their internships.
Top 10 reasons why interning for Greenpeace is GREAT!
1. Inspiring amazing volunteers and getting people excited to save the planet.
2. Getting a glowing references at the end of your internship.
3. Attending non-violent direct action training and paint banners.
4. Being part of a great team. It’s a fun office with lots of energy. People don’t walk around like zombies.
5. You can be yourself.
6. There’s flexibility in terms of how you spend your time.
7. Learning how to mobilize people online.
8. Improving your communications skills.
9. It’s like internship boot camp.
10. You get to meet Greenpeace campaigners, media officers, direct actions team people who are friendly and will talk with you about how they got to have the cool job they have.
So what are you waiting for? Apply to intern with the Greenpeace Activist Network in San Francisco today!