NBC made a big mistake when they tried to edit out the words one nation under god from the televised pledge of allegiance before the US open. Political correctness is getting out of hand and censoring out any reference to a religion is nothing but plain discrimination. I know that there are those who do not believe in a god or in the same god as the Christians and I respect their choice to believe in the way they choose. I do not see how having the word god in the pledge can be considered offensive to anyone. It isn’t stating your pledging allegiance to god, it’s a pledge of allegiance to our country which is under god. I will even go as far to say if you don’t agree with the god part of the pledge then when you say it then you can omit it but don’t remove it from the pledge and or edit it out when its broadcasted via television or radio.
Our founding fathers were Christians and they believed in the separation of church and state. They meant far as political control, they believed in religious freedom and so do I. To say having the 10 commandments in a court-house or city hall is wrong is taking it to an extreme. To be perfectly honest if a city hall in the us wanted to put a quote from the holy scriptures of any other religion on their walls I personally would not be offended. That’s freedom of religion in my belief. Far as prayer in school I support the idea with the condition that the child can elect to either pray to the god of their choice or abstain from prayer if they are atheist or they don’t want to pray.
NBC of course made a sad attempt at apologizing and even pulled the big business “we will deal with it internally and not publicly” speech. That’s basically saying they supported the actions of the individuals responsible. More and likely nothing will happen to those who chose to edit out god and eventually this will fade away from the minds of Americans. Sad to think that God has become like a dirty word in our modern world. Far as boycotting NBC as suggested by some of the outraged viewers, that’s no problem for me for NBC hasn’t had any shows I liked on it for quite a while.
NBC has the right to edit out what ever they choose, They just have to deal with the backlash created by their editing. Hopefully the lesson has been learned from this incident, I feel that it hasn’t but I always try to be positive. This little editing job I believe is just the beginning of the removal of religion from the airwaves. I pray to god I am wrong, only time will tell.
Well have a good day
- NBC Edits "Under God" & "Indivisible" From the Pledge of Allegiance (shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com)
- NBC’s Omission of "Under God" is Deliberate Attempt to Undermine the U.S. (thegabriellahoffman.com)
- NBC airs Pledge of Allegiance without "under God" (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- NBC’s Pledge of Allegiance to Political Correctness (civicchoices.wordpress.com)
- NBC Sports Removes ‘Under God’ From Kids Saying Pledge of Allegiance (chicagonow.com)
- Liberals Are Trying to Take Out Under God From Our Pledge Of Allegiance (rantsandrage.com)
- NBC’s Selective Patriotism At The U.S. Open (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- One Nation Under = Worshipping Military Industrial Complex (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- On the Separation Between Church and NBC (chicagoreader.com)
- NBC NOT Under God ? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)