Around this time of year I usually become somewhat sad because it’s the month my dad (SFC Stephen M. Barbier) Passed away. Its been around 6 years now since his passing and I still think of him almost daily. I know he is in the care of God and Jesus now, But the sorrow I feel is not for the dead but for the living. Those of us who had to carry on after his passing with a hole in our hearts and minds. Though my dad was no saint, those who knew him knew he was one of those guys who would give his shirt off his back to help a friend or even a stranger in need. I do miss him quite a lot and regret we drifted apart for so many years and I am happy that in the end we were as close as ever. I celebrate his life nor his death, I live my life trying to be something he would be proud of, knowing he was always proud of me even though he didn’t always show or say it. Well Dad, I know I may never said it in words but I know you knew that I loved you, I looked up to you and was proud to have you as a parent.
Thanks to my dad I exist, thanks to him I have become who I am because he let me find my own way and rarely judged my choices and was there to advise when I asked. As I said, I usually am sad around this time of year, but now I celebrate his life and cherish the moments I had with my dad. I don’t seem to be as sad as I used to be and in that I realize now that I was blessed to had known him.
God Bless you all, Remember to tell your parents how much they mean to you and celebrate the lives of those who have went to heaven before us.
- Sunday (September 23): “If anyone wishes to be first, he shall be the last of all and the servant of all.” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- Tony Nicklinson: my dad, my hero (guardian.co.uk)
- Belated Father’s Day Ideas for the Forgetful, Loving Child (berries.com)
- Goodbye Dad (alenaslife.wordpress.com)
- People of Inspiration Part 4 – Rob Parsons, Gifted Communicator Who Inspires, Moves and Warns (scskillman.com)
- Celebrate Dad (howdoesitfeeltobe.wordpress.com)
- A Parable For You (thebiblequotes.org)
- Perspectives on a Father I Didn’t Want to Know (pbh2012.wordpress.com)
- “‘Cause I forgot that you left me behind to remind me of you” (justwilliam1959.wordpress.com)